Private Visa is issued for no longer than 90 days and is valid for single entry only. For a Private Visa, please submit:
- The original invitation called "Izveschenie" (notification) which can be obtained by any Russian citizen from a local OVIR (Russian Immigration Service) Office.
- Your original passport with at least 2 clean, side by side pages to attach the visa to. The passport must be valid for up to 6 months AFTER you planned departure from Russia.
- 2 signed and dated Visa Application Forms (click to download form for US Citizens, click here to download form for non-US. The forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 4.0 or higher, you can download this free if you do not have it installed on your computer.
- Two identical passport size (on white background) photos. Please, write your name on the back of the photos.
- Your payment by money order or cashier's check made out to the Russian Consulate in accordance with your local Consulate's fees (see Consulates Website or call them). Do not send cash or personal checks.
- Pre-paid self-addressed return envelope from a reliable delivery company (FED EX, DHL, UPS).